TeachersFirst's Elementary School Brain Twisters
Week of April 12, 2018
1.Which sentence does not contain a homograph?
- The wound did not seem to bother him.
- His horse ran like the wind.
- He tried to read the clouds.
- Surely it would rain soon.
- The desert air was hot and dry.
2.What is likely to happen to seeds at this time of year in the northern hemisphere?
3.Which of these colonial figures is not in the right "home?"
- Thomas Jefferson - Monticello
- Patrick Henry - Biltmore
- Paul Revere - Boston
- George Washington - Mount Vernon
- William Penn - Philadelphia
4.Who would come last in a biographical dictionary?
- The author of the Little House books
- The inventor of the phonograph
- The man known as Johnny Appleseed
- The current first lady
- The person who wrote the Star Spangled Banner
5.Which of the "lower 48" comes last in the encyclopedia?
6.Which pair of numbers has the most common factors?
- 24, 36
- 72, 63
- 15, 18
- 54, 36
- 22, 44
7.We have 12 girls and 6 boys in our class. What fraction of the class is female?
8.Which is the most?
- half a dozen
- a half dozen dozen
- six dozen dozen
- a dozen and a half
- a baker's dozen
9.Which river has a delta located farthest to the east?
- Rio Grande
10.Which instrument has the highest "voice" in the marching band?
- baritone horn
© 2006-2018 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.