TeachersFirst's Elementary School Brain Twisters
Week of September 23, 2016
1.If you have 3 dollars, two quarters, and 8 dimes how much more money will you need to buy a cap that costs $6.75
2.A famous southern U.S. set of "keys" is also
- An atoll
- A coastal plain
- A plateau
- A peninsula
- An archipelago
3.Someone just called you a "chip off the old block." That means
- You are like your parent.
- You have a broken bone.
- You live in an old neighborhood.
- You are stubborn.
- You have strong muscles.
4.The reason bean bags sit but some SUVs roll over is related to their
- center of operations
- shopping center
- center of rotation
- center of gravity
5.Which sentence is correct?
- The younger one is named Harry.
- None of the princes are very old.
- They still have princes in the British aisles.
- Princes are the hairs to the throne.
- There father is Prince Charles
6.If you headed due north from Dallas, what state would you cross into first?
- New Mexico
7.Portrait is to landscape as
- Obvious is to subtle
- Vertical is to horizontal
- Color is to darkness
- Frigid is to arctic
- Frog is to amphibian
8.Which of these is not an invertebrate?
- a rabbit
- a worm
9.Which does not fall in the same month as the others?
- Canadian Thanksgiving
- The anniversary of the Wright Brothers' first flight
- Red Ribbon Week
- All Hallow's Eve
- The holiday in honor of Queen Isabella's explorer
10.Which is greatest?
- The number of years between the Declaration of Independence and the Gettysburg Address
- The number of beats in ten measures of common time.
- The number of states with an "a" in their spelling
- The number of minutes in an NFL game of regulation length.
- The number of stars on the U.S. flag in World War II
© 2006-2016 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.