TeachersFirst's Elementary School Brain Twisters
Week of January 13, 2017
1.Which of the following organizations in your community is NOT supported by taxes?
- The church on the square
- the public elementary school
- the road crews
- the police department
- the public high school
2.Frogs cause warts is an example of
- a proverb
- an old wive's tale
- an old horse's tail
- a horse of a different color
- a chip off the old block
3.Which is not a migratory animal?
- Grizzly bear
- Snow goose
- Monarch butterfly
4.Which was invented last?
- covered wagon
- Christmas tree
5.Which is greatest?
- The number of states that start with "M"
- The number of right angles in a rectangle
- The number of countries that border France
- The number of children President Obama has
- The number of nouns in the Pledge of Allegiance
6.My secret number is two less than a multiple of seven, and is divisible by nine. Which is it?
7.Which word cannot be used as more than one part of speech?
8.Which attempts to pump the heart?
9.Which does not belong?
10.This term refers to a type of wagon used in the wagon trains that headed into the American west.
© 2006-2017 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.