TeachersFirst's Elementary School Brain Twisters
Week of November 30, 2016
1.Turkeys are unlike most birds because:
- They can barely fly
- They have a distinctive call
- They build nests
- They lay eggs
- They have feathers
2.Kip wants a new game for his game system. It costs $48. His weekly allowance is $15, but he spends $7 each week on bus fare. For how many weeks must he save to buy the game?
3.When someone is between a rock and a hard place, he...
- can't win for losing
- is wearing rose colored glasses
- wears his heart on his sleeve
- is a chip of the old block
- has stars in his eyes
4.Which song has purple mountains?
- The national anthem
- America the Beautiful
- The Battle Hymn of the Republic
- Yankee Doodle
5.Which has the longest "year"?
6.Which state is matched with the wrong capital?
- Connecticut - Hartford
- South Carolina - Columbia
- New York - Albany
- Maine - Augusta
- Pennsylvania - Philadelphia
7.In what time period did the first Thanksgiving take place?
- The 16th century
- The 19th century
- The 20th century
- The 17th century
- The 18th century
8.Which would not be part of a poem?
9.Mary is making stuffing for Thanksgiving. The recipe calls for 1/3 cup of bread cubes for each pound of turkey. If the turkey weighs 18 pounds, how many cups of bread will Mary need?
- 4 1/3 cups
- 6 2/3 cups
- 3 cups
- 5 2/3 cups
- 6 cups
10.Which sentence is correct?
- Just when I've red my assignments, I have to go to bed.
- They're all due tomorrow.
- I'm afraid I might loose them on the way to school.
- My blew notebook is already full of papers.
- Doing homework is a pane.
© 2006-2016 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.