TeachersFirst's Elementary School Brain Twisters
Week of March 17, 2017
1.Which number is not a prime? (10 points)
2.Which story takes place in a different country from the rest? (10 points)
- Ben and Me
- Dear Mr. Henshaw
- The Red Balloon
- Cricket in Times Square
- Little House in the big Woods
3.Which sentence has the fewest errors? (20 points)
- My dad and me get out the bikes and pump up there tires so were ready to enjoy it.
- Even when it reins, we know the clouds is temporary.
- Our pets even change their behavior when the weather gets warm.
- Spring fever always hits my brother and I.
- Its just to nice outside to pay attention.
4.If you traveled from the Keystone State to the Show Me State, what direction would you be traveling? (10 points)
5.Which sentence should come first? (5 points)
- When you get home, first hang up your jacket.
- Next, you will probably want a snack before you do anything else.
- Then repack your backpack for school tomorrow
- Complete all your assignments so you'll be prepared.
- Once you've eaten, get out your books and find your assignments.
6.Which is a carnivorous quadruped? (5 points)
7.Which combination would not yield a secondary color? (10 points)
- red + yellow
- blue + red
- yellow + blue
- blue + orange
- red + blue
8.How many outs are there in a regulation-length game of professional baseball? (5 points)
9.A predicate is (5 points)
- A small mammal
- A part of a sentence
- A type of building
- A stick-like insect
- A French automobile
10.If all these characters had been real, which would have "lived" first? (20 points)
- Tom Sawyer
- Ramona Quimby
© 2006-2017 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.