TeachersFirst's Elementary School Brain Twisters
Week of September 23, 2016
1.Someone just called you a "chip off the old block." That means (10 points)
- You live in an old neighborhood.
- You have strong muscles.
- You have a broken bone.
- You are like your parent.
- You are stubborn.
2.If you headed due north from Dallas, what state would you cross into first? (10 points)
- New Mexico
3.If you have 3 dollars, two quarters, and 8 dimes how much more money will you need to buy a cap that costs $6.75 (5 points)
4.Which is greatest? (20 points)
- The number of states with an "a" in their spelling
- The number of minutes in an NFL game of regulation length.
- The number of years between the Declaration of Independence and the Gettysburg Address
- The number of beats in ten measures of common time.
- The number of stars on the U.S. flag in World War II
5.Which sentence is correct? (10 points)
- There father is Prince Charles
- They still have princes in the British aisles.
- None of the princes are very old.
- The younger one is named Harry.
- Princes are the hairs to the throne.
6.Which does not fall in the same month as the others? (20 points)
- The holiday in honor of Queen Isabella's explorer
- Canadian Thanksgiving
- All Hallow's Eve
- The anniversary of the Wright Brothers' first flight
- Red Ribbon Week
7.The reason bean bags sit but some SUVs roll over is related to their (5 points)
- shopping center
- center of gravity
- center of rotation
- center of operations
8.Portrait is to landscape as (5 points)
- Vertical is to horizontal
- Frigid is to arctic
- Color is to darkness
- Obvious is to subtle
- Frog is to amphibian
9.A famous southern U.S. set of "keys" is also (10 points)
- A peninsula
- An atoll
- A plateau
- An archipelago
- A coastal plain
10.Which of these is not an invertebrate? (5 points)
- a worm
- a rabbit
© 2006-2016 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.