TeachersFirst's Middle School Brain Twisters
Week of January 12, 2018
1.What important speech is given each year, usually in late January?
- The General's Farewell
- The Gettysburg Address
- The Bill of Rights
- The State of the Union
- The Riot Act
2.Jessie Owens' wins in 1936 infuriated this dictator.
- Saddam Hussein
3.Which is incorrect?
- Quartz - clear
- Azurite - blue
- Amethyst- purple
- Malachite- orange
- Anthracite- black
4.A tsunami is caused by
- A thunderstorm
- A meteor striking earth
- A heat wave
- Weeks of heavy rain
- An undersea earthquake
5.Which line does not contain an error?
- Anyone could have improved their score by studying.
- More then half the class failed.
- Now everyone who failed the test will have to do a research project of his/her choice.
- None of the them were ready for the test.
- They mist at least ten questions a peace.
6.Which has the fewest atoms per molecule?
- table salt
- carbon monoxide
7.Which of these terms does not describe a triangle?
8.How many prepositions are there in the Pledge of Allegiance?
9.If you travel directly from a city that is at 45 degrees W longitude, 30 degrees N latitude to another city at 130 degrees W longitude, 30 degrees S latitude, approximately what direction and portion of the globe will you travel?
- ENE, about one fourth of the way around the globe
- WSW, almost halfway around the globe
- Due West, more than three quarters of the way around the globe
- NNW, about a twelfth of the way around the globe
- Due South, just under 90 miles
10.Who could have met Martin Luther King, Jr.?
- Rosa Parks
- Patrick Henry
- Abraham Lincoln
- Thomas Jefferson
- Mark Twain
© 2006-2018 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.