TeachersFirst's Middle School Brain Twisters
Week of March 16, 2017
1.Which country has been neutral in all modern wars?
2.Which sentence has the fewest errors?
- Its just to nice outside to pay attention.
- Even when it reins, we know the clouds is temporary.
- Our pets even change their behavior when the weather gets warm.
- My dad and me get out the bikes and pump up there tires so were ready to enjoy it.
- Spring fever always hits my brother and I.
3.This is a major ingredient in fire extinguishers.
- Carbon Dioxide
4.A golfer plays 18 holes of golf in 67 strokes. If par for each hole is 4 strokes, how many shots under par is he for the round of 18 holes?
5.Which of these southeast Asian countries is made up of hundreds of islands?
6.Which sentence in the following does not help define the setting?
- I drew the covers up under my chin.
- The owls on the branches outside my window had started to hoot.
- "Leave me alone," I mumbled.
- It was a dark and stormy night.
- The silence in the house just made my voice echo back to me.
7.Which came last?
- Battle of the Bulge
- V-E Day
- Pearl Harbor
8.If a recipe calls for three parts oil to two parts vinegar, and you want to have enough to fill a two quart jar, about how much oil will you need?
- about 22 oz.
- about 6 oz.
- about 39 oz.
- about 15 oz.
- about 61 oz.
9.Which of these is not an eco-friendly energy source for home heating?
- passive solar
- wind turbine
10.Which would be least likely to be effected by rising "price per barrel" ?
- miles per gallon
- flower delivery charges
- price at the pump
- grocery prices
- energy demand
© 2006-2017 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.