TeachersFirst's Middle School Brain Twisters
Week of May 26, 2017
1.Peter's pumpkin was facing directly east. He rotated it clockwise 135 degrees. Now what direction is it facing? (5 points)
2.What is the sum of the two largest prime factors of 68? (10 points)
3.Which of the following people is most likely to be concerned with meridians? (5 points)
4.Which is the best buy? (10 points)
- Six 12 oz. Canned drinks for $2.40
- A 24 oz. Drink for $.95
- A 16 oz. Drink for $.89
- A 32 oz. Drink for $1.05
- A 44 oz. Supersize drink for $1.55
5.A candy dish has 30% chocolate, 20% caramel, 40% butterscotch, and 10% cherry. If there are 6 caramels, how many candies are there in all? (10 points)
6.Which battle took place in the war that inspired Memorial Day? (20 points)
- The Bulge
- Pearl Harbor
- Fort McHenry
7.What is the smallest bone in your body? (5 points)
- The stirrup bone
- The pinkie
- The saddle bone
- The stamen
- The little toe
8.Which sentence is correct? (5 points)
- The number of families planning on staying near home this summer is not surprising.
- The airlines charge way to much for us to by tickets.
- My grandma bought a new video game for my sister and I instead of taking us to an amusement park.
- None of my relatives make enough to travel far.
- My cousin and me like spending vacation at our house.
9.Which is closest to the Keystone State? (10 points)
- The Golden State
- The Land of 10,000 lakes
- The Sunshine state
- The Show Me state
- The Empire State
10.A piano sonata written in the key of A major would have _________ in its key signature. (20 points)
- 2 sharps
- a flat
- 4 flats
- 3 sharps
- 3 flats
© 2006-2017 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.