TeachersFirst's Middle School Brain Twisters
Week of January 13, 2017
1.Which musical time signature can also be represented by a letter of the alphabet? (5 points)
2.Which story element comes last? (5 points)
- rising action
3.Which does not contain an error? (5 points)
- None of the kids were ready for the test.
- They mist at least ten questions a peace.
- Each kid could have improved their score.
- More then half the class failed.
- Now everyone who failed will have to have his or her parents sign the test.
4.Around the end of January each year, the U.S. Chief Executive does this: (10 points)
- Pardons the Union of the State
- States the Delivery of Unions
- Unites the States of Delivery
- Unifies the Commander in Chief
- Delivers the State of the Union
5.Which pair is not correct? (10 points)
- Pentagon - Washington
- Parthenon - Athens
- Louvre-- Paris
- Vatican - Rome
- Coliseum -- Pisa
6.Who is known for inventing cubism? (10 points)
7.This haunting American poet and writer lived in the same city where another man penned a famous anthem concerning fiery projectiles and their ruby-colored light emissions: (20 points)
- T. S. Eliot
- R. Frost
- S. Clemens
- E. A. Poe
- J. London
8.During this period of cultural re-awakening, painters and sculptors in Europe created hundreds of new works of art. (10 points)
- The Reformation
- The Industrial Revolution
- World War I
- The Renaissance
- The Middle Ages
9.Why are there power outlets at parking spaces in colder cities such as Calgary? (20 points)
- Because everyone drives electric cars.
- Because they have solar power.
- Because cold oil is very viscous.
- Because it gets dark early.
- Because headlights work better when plugged in.
10.Ebony is to ivory as bored is to: (5 points)
© 2006-2017 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.