Join our professional learning community and earn PD hours by participating in our summer book study! This year’s book is Learning First, Technology Second (ISTE, 2017) by Liz Kolb, which will introduce you to the Tripe E Framework for technology evaluation and will help you create learning experiences that use technology tools to meet stated learning goals. If you’re a TeachersFirst® member who’s participated in an OK2Ask® webinar between July 1, 2019 and Jun 30, 2020, you’re eligible to earn 20 hours of professional development by participating.
How it Works:
- Participants will join TeachersFirst’s online conversation space hosted in Microsoft Teams, where they’ll participate in facilitated discussions about the previous week’s reading.
- Optional application exercises will be available for additional professional development hours (up to 24 credits).
- The Source for Learning will reimburse those who successfully complete the book study for the purchase of the eBook.
What’s in it For You:
- Learn about the three ways technology can support your learning goals for your students.
- Build your willingness to try a new approach to finding out "what works" for your students.
- Join conversations about how to effectively plan for the use of technology in the classroom.
- Discover ideas and tools you can use to align the use of instructional technology with your curricular goals.
- Earn 20 hours of professional development for participating and up to 24 additional credits for completing bonus activities.
Book Study Schedule:
- July 6: The Summer 2020 Book Study begins.
- July 7: Kick-off webinar at 6:00 PM ET to discuss the organization of the book study and participant expectations.
- Throughout July and August: Reading, discussion, and optional application activities will continue, a few chapters at a time, each week.
- August 12: Closing webinar.
- August 14: Book Study ends.
Participants should expect to spend 3–4 hours a week on reading and discussion, and participation is limited to the first 40 eligible TeachersFirst members who sign up. Registration closes June 25th, 2020. For more information, read our book study announcement.