TeachersFirst's Elementary School Brain Twisters
Week of March 16, 2019
1.Which is a carnivorous quadruped?
2.Which sentence should come first?
- Next, you will probably want a snack before you do anything else.
- Then repack your backpack for school tomorrow
- When you get home, first hang up your jacket.
- Complete all your assignments so you'll be prepared.
- Once you've eaten, get out your books and find your assignments.
3.Which story takes place in a different country from the rest?
- Little House in the big Woods
- Dear Mr. Henshaw
- Cricket in Times Square
- Ben and Me
- The Red Balloon
4.If all these characters had been real, which would have "lived" first?
- Ramona Quimby
- Tom Sawyer
5.Which combination would not yield a secondary color?
- yellow + blue
- blue + red
- red + blue
- red + yellow
- blue + orange
6.Which sentence has the fewest errors?
- My dad and me get out the bikes and pump up there tires so were ready to enjoy it.
- Even when it reins, we know the clouds is temporary.
- Its just to nice outside to pay attention.
- Our pets even change their behavior when the weather gets warm.
- Spring fever always hits my brother and I.
7.If you traveled from the Keystone State to the Show Me State, what direction would you be traveling?
8.How many outs are there in a regulation-length game of professional baseball?
9.A predicate is
- A stick-like insect
- A small mammal
- A part of a sentence
- A type of building
- A French automobile
10.Which number is not a prime?
© 2006-2019 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.