TeachersFirst's Elementary School Brain Twisters
Week of April 6, 2021
1.How many syllables are in the first line of the Pledge of Allegiance?
2.An artistic creation with many objects hanging from a moving wire frame is called a:
3.Which condition would be most likely to increase the number of mosquitoes in your yard this summer?
- lots of rain
- puddles of standing water
- cool evenings
- dry weather
- hot temperatures
4.Which of these colonial figures is not in the right "home?"
- Benjamin Franklin - Philadelphia
- Thomas Jefferson - Monticello
- Patrick Henry - New York
- Paul Revere - Boston
- George Washington - Mount Vernon
5.Which is not in the home row?
6.Which river has a delta located farthest to the east?
- Rio Grande
7.Which is part of the same cycle as precipitation?
8.Who would come first in a biographical dictionary?
- The second first lady
- The first president of the United States
- The first man to fly a powered airplane
- The author of Tom Sawyer
- The inventor of the phonograph
9.Which weighs the most?
- 40 oz. of tuna
- 7 qts. of strawberries
- 3 gal. of water
- 2 kg. of sand
- 4 l. of Coke
10.The amount of sand and gravel in a stream bed is determined by:
- The depth of the stream.
- The speed with which the water is moving.
- The width of the stream
- The population of fish in the stream.
- The temperature of the water
© 2006-2021 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.