TeachersFirst's Elementary School Brain Twisters
Week of January 11, 2019
1.Which is greatest?
- The number of states that start with "M"
- The number of children President Obama has
- The number of right angles in a rectangle
- The number of nouns in the Pledge of Allegiance
- The number of countries that border France
2.Which does not belong?
3.Which was invented last?
- Christmas tree
- covered wagon
4.Frogs cause warts is an example of
- an old wive's tale
- a chip off the old block
- a proverb
- an old horse's tail
- a horse of a different color
5.My secret number is two less than a multiple of seven, and is divisible by nine. Which is it?
6.Which of the following organizations in your community is NOT supported by taxes?
- the public elementary school
- the public high school
- the road crews
- The church on the square
- the police department
7.Which is not a migratory animal?
- Grizzly bear
- Monarch butterfly
- Snow goose
8.Which word cannot be used as more than one part of speech?
9.This term refers to a type of wagon used in the wagon trains that headed into the American west.
10.Which attempts to pump the heart?
© 2006-2019 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.