TeachersFirst's Elementary School Brain Twisters
Week of September 21, 2018
1.Which is greatest? (20 points)
- The number of years between the Declaration of Independence and the Gettysburg Address
- The number of states with an "a" in their spelling
- The number of stars on the U.S. flag in World War II
- The number of minutes in an NFL game of regulation length.
- The number of beats in ten measures of common time.
2.Portrait is to landscape as (5 points)
- Obvious is to subtle
- Frigid is to arctic
- Vertical is to horizontal
- Color is to darkness
- Frog is to amphibian
3.Which sentence is correct? (10 points)
- They still have princes in the British aisles.
- Princes are the hairs to the throne.
- None of the princes are very old.
- The younger one is named Harry.
- There father is Prince Charles
4.The reason bean bags sit but some SUVs roll over is related to their (5 points)
- center of rotation
- center of gravity
- center of operations
- shopping center
5.Jim has twice as many baseball cards as Sam. Mike's collection has half as many as Sam's, but five of the cards are the same. If a dealer buys any card for 10 cents and Mike gets $1 for his collection, how much will Jim get? (20 points)
6.If you headed due north from Dallas, what state would you cross into first? (10 points)
- New Mexico
7.Which of these is not an invertebrate? (5 points)
- a worm
- a rabbit
8.A famous southern U.S. set of "keys" is also (10 points)
- A peninsula
- An archipelago
- A coastal plain
- A plateau
- An atoll
9.If you have 3 dollars, two quarters, and 8 dimes how much more money will you need to buy a cap that costs $6.75 (5 points)
10.Someone just called you a "chip off the old block." That means (10 points)
- You have a broken bone.
- You have strong muscles.
- You are stubborn.
- You are like your parent.
- You live in an old neighborhood.
© 2006-2018 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.