TeachersFirst's Middle School Brain Twisters
Week of October 16, 2019
1.Tom's average grade is 90. If he received the following grades in all his other subjects, what was his math grade? English-84; History-91; Science-89; Spanish-95
2.Rhombus is to parallelogram as:
- Circle is to sphere
- Square is to rectangle
- Rectangle is to triangle
- Trapezoid is to pyramid
- Ellipse is to oval
3.Which pair is incorrectly matched?
- Amazon -Andes
- Colorado - Sierras
- Nile - Sahara
- Ganges - Himalayas
- Rhine - Mojave
4.Which is the smallest number?
- Snow White's dwarves
- Faces on Mt. Rushmore
- Words that a picture is worth
- Willy Wonka's tickets
- Gods and Goddesses of Olympus
5."Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" is
- A sculpture by Andrew Remington
- A poem by Robert Frost
- A song by Irving Berlin
- A short story by O. Henry
- A painting by Andrew Wyeth
6.Which sentence has an incorrect homophone?
- Weird things happened in their town that night.
- There were several witches' brooms left behind on door steps.
- The jack-o-lantern blinked it's eye when no one was looking.
- Charlie did not know which witch had been to his door.
- No one made the floors creak, but the maid said she heard it.
7.What is the shortest distance between two points?
- a line
- a curve
- a vector
- a line segment
- a ray
8.Whose accomplishments are most recent?
- Alexander Graham Bell
- Samuel Morse
- Leonardo DaVinci
- Pablo Picasso
- Steve Jobs
9.The gel-like substance contained in a cell is called:
- amniotic fluid
10.Political candidates usually engage in all but which of these?
- Seeking endorsements
- Wooing the undecided
- Endorsing indifference
© 2006-2019 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.