TeachersFirst's Middle School Brain Twisters
Week of October 23, 2020
1.Who does not belong? (10 points)
2.What is the next number in this sequence? 5, 25, 250, 3750, 75000 (5 points)
3.A degree of Fahrenheit measurement: (5 points)
- is the same as a degree of Celsius measurement
- measures only solids
- measures only liquids
- is smaller than a degree of Celsius measurement
- is larger than a degree of Celsius measurement
4.This famous American suggested that the national bird should be the turkey - not the bald eagle. (20 points)
- Benjamin Franklin
- Paul Revere
- Betsy Ross
- George Washington
- Thomas Jefferson
5.Which is largest? (10 points)
6.Which sentence contains a punctuation error? (5 points)
- Do you want to come with us?
- Soon school will have a break and we'll go to the slopes.
- Check with your mom, just in case.
- We'll snowboard and ski, but we'll stay warm.
- Sarah, Sam, and I will probably stay on the slopes all day.
7.Which was furthest north? (20 points)
- Seward's Folly
- Louisiana Purchase
- Western Reserve
- Plymouth Plantation
- Oklahoma Territory
8.Which of the following is least likely to be a factor in air pollution? (5 points)
9.Which of the following pairs does not belong? (10 points)
- Inconsistent - steadfast
- Treacherous - dangerous
- Gregarious - friendly
- Fizzy - effervescent
- Embellish - decorate
10.Copernicus advanced the theory that: (10 points)
- planets travel in orbits
- the moon orbits the sun
- the sun orbits the earth
- the sun is a star
- the earth orbits the sun
© 2006-2020 by The Source for Learning, Inc. All rights reserved.