STEM & The School Library: A Marriage That Makes Sense!
Tuesday, June 25, 2019 ⬥ 3:15 – 4:15 PM
Presented by Darshell Silva, Cathy Collins & Karey Killian
School library programs are uniquely positioned to play a key role in STEM education and to serve as powerful hybrid spaces for STEM learning. In this session, attendees will learn how we incorporate STEM, how we encourage teachers with innovative STEM ideas, and how we assist Admin with STEM initiatives.
Participants will leave this session with ideas and practical resources for implementing STEM learning no only in their libraries, but with the entire school community.
- Share best practices in STEM/ STEAM in school libraries
- Engage / support / initiate conversation around STEM/ STEAM in school libraries
- Share STEM/ STEAM resources for school librarians
- Promote collaboration/ leadership by school librarians in STEM / STEAM initiatives
- Correlate stem in school libraries with Future Ready Libraians framework , AASL and ISTE standards