OK2Ask Twitter Chats
Named one of the "44 education Twitter chats worth your time."
Are you looking for an engaging, conversation-driven professional learning opportunity? Participate in one of our bimonthly #OK2Ask Twitter chats!
Follow @SFLOK2Ask and tweet with us the first and third Thursday each month at 8 PM ET using #OK2Ask and #TeachersFirst. Discover new perspectives, resources, and strategies related to timely education topics and connect with other educators during our educational Twitter chats!
Why Twitter Chats?
#OK2Ask Twitter chats are informative, relaxed, first-timer-friendly professional learning events that provide a comfortable way to meet new people with similar interests while adding to your teaching toolbox.
Our Twitter chats are a great way for educators and pre-service teachers to:
- Exchange ideas, strategies, resources, and best practices with other educators.
- Learn about hot topics with perspectives from expert moderators.
- Share what you know with other educators.
- Grow your personal learning network.
How to Participate
You can participate in #OK2Ask Twitter chats by tweeting responses to moderator questions and other participants' perspectives using #OK2Ask and #TeachersFirst, following chatters whose ideas resonate with you, or reading and favoriting tweets with resources you want to reference later. Our chats are first-timer-friendly to make participating worry-free—the more you share, the more you'll get out of the event!
Getting started is easy:
- Follow us on Twitter: @SFLOK2Ask.
- Log in on mobile or your desktop at the chat time and visit our page to see the first question.
- Tweet your response using #OK2Ask #TeachersFirst.
TeachersFirst hosts bi-monthly Twitter chats on @SFLOK2Ask using #OK2Ask and #TeachersFirst. Whether you are a new, seasoned, or veteran educator and/or Twitter user, these upcoming sessions are for you!
Want to receive Twitter chat reminders right to your inbox? Join our mailing list!
August 18 • 8PM ET: Media Literacy in the Classroom
- Discuss the importance of teaching media literacy in the classroom.
- Explore media literacy resources.
- Collaborate on ideas for integrating media literacy across your curriculum.
September 1 • 8PM ET: Designing Digital Storytelling Experiences in the Classroom
- Define and discuss the basic elements of digital storytelling.
- Share tech tools and resources that support digital story experiences.
- Collaborate on ideas for integrating digital storytelling across your curriculum.
September 15 • 8PM ET: Fix Frustration with Differentiation!
- Define and discuss differentiated instruction.
- Explore tools and resources for differentiating instruction in the classroom.
- Share ways to differentiate instruction for students in all learning environments.
October 6 • 8PM ET: EDGEucate Yourself about TeachersFirst Edge
- Discuss the components of the TeachersFirst Edge - our collection of powerful tech tools.
- Explore tools and resources reviewed on the TeachersFirst Edge.
- Share ideas for safely and effectively using Edge resources in teaching and learning.
October 20 • 8PM ET: Get in the Game with Game-Based Learning
- Discuss the components of game-based learning.
- Explore tools and resources for game-based learning.
- Share classroom integration ideas for game-based learning.
November 3 • 8PM ET: Flipped Classroom Strategies for Active Learning Innovation
- Define and discuss the basic elements of a flipped classroom.
- Share tech tools and resources that support flipped classroom experiences.
- Collaborate on ideas for integrating flipped classroom experiences.
November 17 • 8PM ET: Tech Resources to Build Classroom Community
- Discuss the components of building a classroom community.
- Share strategies and resources for using technology to foster an inclusive classroom community.
- Explore ways to build connections in the classroom.
December 1 • 8PM ET: Hexagonal Thinking for Innovative Connections
- Discuss the components of hexagonal thinking.
- Share tools and resources for facilitating hexagonal thinking.
- Explore ways to integrate hexagonal thinking in the classroom.
December 15 • 8PM ET: Tech-Infused Vocabulary Strategies
- Discuss tech-infused vocabulary instruction.
- Explore tools and resources for integrating tech-infused vocabulary activities in the classroom.
- Collaborate on ideas for technology that enhances and empowers vocabulary interactions for students across the curriculum.