Announcing the TeachersFirst 2018 Summer Book Study
TeachersFirst is hosting a summer book study again this year. This is our way to invite you to actively participate in our professional learning community made up of learners who are teachers. Our virtual book study is a great way to do professional learning that you might not have tried before or thought of doing outside of your school. Of course, when trying something new, it’s always great to have some friends to try it along with. If you are thinking about joining the book study this summer, get in touch with some colleagues - who are TeachersFirst members - and ask them to join as well.
The Book: We will be reading Learning First, Technology Second by Liz Kolb. The book will introduce you to the Triple E Framework for technology evaluation. Using the Triple E Framework, you will be able to create learning experiences that use technology tools to meet stated learning goals. The Source for Learning will reimburse you for the purchase of your eBook. We are limited to 40 participants so sign up soon.
About the book study: Participants will be invited to join our online conversation space hosted in Microsoft Teams. Each week participants will be expected to read a few book chapters, join in a conversation about the chapters read the week before, and complete application exercises. Participants should plan on spending 8 hours a week on the required reading and activities.
Participant eligibility criteria: TeachersFirst book studies are a member benefit. In order to participate in the book study you must be a TeachersFirst member (see how to register for FREE membership) and you must have participated in an OK2Ask webinar between July 1, 2017 and May 31, 2018.
July 9: The Summer 2018 Book Study begins
July 10: Kick-off webinar at 6PM Eastern Time. We will discuss the organization of the book study and participant expectations.
Throughout July and August: Reading, discussion, and application will continue a few chapters at a time each week with formal discussions ending on August 17.
August 15: Closing webinar in which the author will join us for a discussion about how our perspectives may have changed.
- Join conversations about effective planning for the use of technology in the classroom.
- Discover ideas and tools you can use to align your use of instructional technology with you curricular goals..
- Learn about the three ways technology can support your learning goals.
- Share your thoughts with other book study participants.
- Return to school in the fall ready to tell colleagues how your participation changed how you plan lessons.
- Build your willingness to try a new approach to finding out “what works” for your students.
- Discover inspirational points from the book that affect your perspective on technology implementation.
EARN PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT CREDIT
Participants who complete all of the book study components will receive a certificate for 45 hours of professional development.
SIGN UP HERE - Participation is limited to the first 40 eligible TeachersFirst members who sign up.